Thursday 30 August 2007

Browsing for the Ron Goldsteins of this world

Hi Everyone

As an inveterate Browser of the internet, particularly of items relating to WW2, I usually start off by selecting IMAGES and keying in "Ron Goldstein" WW2 into the search box.

This usually turns up about 235 images, mainly those from my Army album that I have used to head various articles. If I search, not under images but on a GENERAL search, I always notice that there are lots of Ron Goldstein links out there (15,800 on my last count) but none to whom, to the best of my knowledge, I am even distantly related.


Why not use this site to introduce yourself to the other Ron Goldsteins out there?
Simply add a comment to this article to start the ball rolling.

To avoid any confusion when posting on this site please add a few words to your "Ron" signature in the following manner.

Ron, WW2, Cockfosters

5 comments:

Ron_Goldstein said...

Yes indeed, I am another Ron Goldstein. I also served in the army, buy not in Her Majesty's, rather in the Israel Defence Forces. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

I was born in a small town on Long Island New York, and moved with my family at age 4 to the Chicago suburbs. After growing up a spoiled american jewish child, I "got religion" at a summer camp I attended at age 16, and have been an observant "Orthodox" Jew ever since. I attended Columbia University in NY, where I did a BA in Biology and Music (I had been the youngest member of the Chicago Symphony Chorus at 16, and sang with Giulini and Solti). Then, I spent 5 years getting a PhD in Neurobiology (department headed by Eric Kandel, who went on to win the Nobel Prize for Medicine), and then moved to Israel in 1983. My wife and I met when I spent a year of my college time studying in Yeshiva, and we how have 5 kids, ages 14-26.

For the past 16 years I have been a faculty member at Bar-Ilan University in Ramat-Gan, for the past five years specializing in human embryonic stem cells (the kind that President Bush is allergic to).

Must admit I'm curious about other Ron Goldsteins too, although I don't know any Goldsteins that I'm related to except my siblings.

-Ron Goldstein, Israeli Stem Cell Guy

Ron Goldstein said...

Shalom Israeli Ron No.1 !

Welcome aboard to our first, but I hope not our last, "Israeli" Ron.

My wife and I are not strangers to Israel, I think our last visit in 2005 was our fourteenth and we have both friends and Mishpacha there.

Please pass the word around so that we can get ourselves a world-wide web of Ron Goldsteins.

L'hitraot !

Ron

Ron Goldstein said...

Hi again Israeli Stem Cell Guy

Since welcoming you to the site I have had a chance to do a bit of research on your own profile:
(Searching on "Bar Ilan University" "Ron Goldstein" soon brought up this up).

I was delighted to discover that we have started our list of Ron Goldsteins with such an eminent character.

For your and other Ron's benefit, may I remind you that although you can comment on any thread here, you must be a member of this Blog to make a posting.

An e-mail to me requesting membership will be promptly dealt with.

Unknown said...

It might be worth checking origins of other Ron Goldsteins - perhaps somewhere in the depths of Galicia or other recesses of Poland there might just be a connection with Meyer and Malkah Goldstein of Radcymin near Warwsaw

Ron Goldstein said...

nyt

It is planned to start a new thread headed "Family Research" which will hopefully cater for all members research into their own particular families.